COMING FROM THE AIRPORT BY CAR
Highway A8 and then A21 will take you to Ericeira:
1. Leaving the airport on Av. Berlim, turn left on Av. Cidade do Porto and follow the signs towards highway E1 direction A1 Norte/A8 Oeste/A12 Sul;
2. Take exit 14 on IC17/CRIL towards A8 Oeste – (that is roughly 700 meters after driving on the highway and passing the Burger King, on your right hand side, as well as passing underneath the highway bridge);
3. Take the exit towards A8 direction Leiria/Loures and follow that road for 16km;
4. Take exit 5 towards N8/Mafra/Malveira and follow the highway A21 until the end;
5. After passing the toll take the 2nd exit at the roundabout, towards Ribeira Dílhas – follow the road that leads you downhill for roughly 1 km (pass one more small roundabout) until you get to the big roundabout with a surfer riding a tube. You can already see the ocean from the roundabout,
6. Take the 1st exist, towards the Casal do cardio (there is a sign indicating this name, which is the name of the neighborhood),
7. Take the first left, on Avenida Colinas do Atlantico;
8. Take the first right (uphill);
9. Take the first left, that is already our road, Rua Maria Guiomar Carvalho Miranda. Go almost until the end of the road.
10. We are on your right hand side, number 56 – there are lots of palm trees in the garden and we are the only house on our street with blue gates. Welcome!
The fee for the toll (for a car) is 2,90 Euro one way, make sure you don’t take the fast lane and always get a valid ticket at the ticket machine!
From Lisbon to Ericeira: A cheap and convenient way to get from Lisbon to Ericeira is taking the public bus. Leaving from Campo Grande in Lisbon there is a direct connection to Ericeira´s town center (main bus station), first bus departs at 06:27 am and buses operate until around 11:40 pm. The bus ride takes between 45 minutes (fast bus) and 85 minutes. You can look up the timetable at: www.mafrense.pt.
Campo Grande is one of the main metro and bus stations in Lisbon. From there you can get onto the yellow and the green metro line, which takes you to the heart of the city within 20 minutes.
Coming from the Airport just catch a Metro to Campo Grande (you will have to change metros once) and get on the direct bus to Ericeira (main bus station). The whole trip (airport – Campo Grande – Ericeira Bus Terminal – Taxi to the #EriceiraSoulSurfersGuesthouse) takes up to 3 or 4 hours, depending on how lucky you are with catching a bus straight away.
From Ericeira Bus Terminal to the #EriceiraSoulSurfersGuesthouse: It´s best to take a Taxi. You might want to ask the man at the bus terminal, if he could call one for you or call one of the following numbers yourself:
+351 939 995 037
+351 261 865 567
+351 967 050 926