COMING FROM LISBON AIRPORT BY CAR
You can reach Ericeira by taxi, Uber or public transport. Be aware that public transport usually takes 3-4h whereas a car ride will take approximately 40mins! If you wish, we organize the airport transportation for you, just let us know!
Highway A8 and then A21 will take you to Ericeira:
1. Leaving the airport on Av. Berlim, turn left on Av. Cidade do Porto and follow the signs towards highway E1 direction A1 Norte/A8 Oeste/A12 Sul;
2. Take exit 14 on IC17/CRIL towards A8 Oeste – (that is roughly 700 meters after driving on the highway and passing the Burger King, on your right hand side, as well as passing underneath the highway bridge);
3. Take the exit towards A8 direction Leiria/Loures and follow that road for 16km;
4. Take exit 5 towards N8/Mafra/Malveira and follow the highway A21 until the end;
5. After passing the toll take the 2nd exit at the roundabout, towards Ribeira Dílhas – follow the road that leads you downhill for roughly 1 km (pass one more small roundabout) until you get to the big roundabout with a surfer riding a tube. You can already see the ocean from the roundabout,
6. Take the 1st exist, towards the Casal do cardio (there is a sign indicating this name, which is the name of the neighborhood),
7. Take the first left, on Avenida Colinas do Atlantico;
8. Take the first right (uphill);
9. Take the first left, that is already our road, Rua Maria Guiomar Carvalho Miranda. Go almost until the end of the road.
10. We are on your right hand side, number 56 – there are lots of palm trees in the garden and we are the only house on our street with blue gates. Welcome!
Note: The fee for the toll (for a car) is 2,95 Euro one way, make sure you don’t take the fast lane and always get a valid ticket at the ticket machine!
The cheapest way to get from Lisbon to Ericeira is taking the public bus.
From Lisbon Airport to Ericeira
Catch a metro from the airport to the bus terminal Campo Grande (you will have to change metros once) and get on the direct bus to Ericeira (main bus station “Parque Intermodal”)
Quick stop over in Lisbon city before heading to Ericeira? Campo Grande is one of the main metro and bus stations in Lisbon. From there you can get onto the yellow and the green metro line, which takes you to the heart of the city within 20 minutes.
Leaving from Campo Grande in Lisbon there is a direct bus connection to Ericeira´s town center (main bus station). The first bus departs at 06:27am and buses operate until around 11:40 pm. The bus ride takes between 45 minutes (fast bus) and 85 minutes. You can look up the timetable here.
From Ericeira bus terminal to the #EriceiraSoulSurfersGuesthouse:
It´s best to take a taxi. You might want to ask the man at the bus terminal, if he could call one for you or call one of the taxi numbers (below) yourself.
There’s also Uber and Bolt operating in Ericeira and surrounding villages but keep in mind during high season this service often is not very reliable.
The entire trip (Airport Lisbon – Campo Grande – Ericeira Bus Terminal – Taxi to the #EriceiraSoulSurfersGuesthouse) takes up to 3 or 4 hours, depending on how lucky you are with catching a bus straight away.
Your airport shuttle
And getting around in Ericeira
We’re happy to help you organizing your airport shuttle to the #EriceiraSoulSourfersGuesthouse and back to the airport. Make your reservation with our partner and the taxi driver will bring you directly to the guest-house🚕. We advice to book your shuttle a few days in advance.
For getting around in Ericeira you can use Uber and Bolt, but keep in mind during high season these services are not very reliable. These taxi companies will help you out:
Taxi Barata: (+351) 919 854 560
Taxi Tinho: (+351) 911 834 653
Taxi Vidinas: (+351) 967 050 92